“Building a future where young people benefit from engagement with local business talent”
A Rotary Club of Wexford Initiative
Providing speakers to DEIS post primary schools in County Wexford
Transition Year | Leaving Cert Cycle
Our mission is to connect DEIS post primary schools in County Wexford with businesses and business people from Wexford and beyond through providing speakers. Our business partners are from a diverse range of backgrounds. Their experiences, knowledge and organisations seek to inform, educate, inspire and provide insight into the business environment and career paths and help students to successfully prepare for the modern world and find a career path that excites and suits them.
Now in its third school year, over twenty-five talks have been conducted to hundreds of students. A variety of topics were covered and the feedback from both students and teachers was very positive. All schools rated their talk as “Extremely Valuable” in surveys conducted after each talk.
Praise for initiative
“Excellent project, thank you so much to you all.”
“Thank you! Excellent initiative.”
“Superb initiative – sincere thanks! Niall was superb. I have already passed on the details of Careers Connect to my other TY coordinators. Niall was just perfect and addressed exactly what we need for our LCVP and LCA senior students.”
Topics covered include (initial talks):
- Starting your own small business
- Digital Marketing
- Life Experiences – Lessons Learned
- CV Workshop, Interview Skills and Workplace Etiquette
- Conduct & Culture in the Workplace
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Social Media – The Ins and Outs
- Emotional Intelligence
Specific talk content can be tailored to suit your students, based upon your input.
*Topics subject to change and speaker availability
Talks can be conducted in-person or online | Approximately 45 minutes duration
About Rotary Wexford
Rotary Club of Wexford members use their expertise for the greater good. Their sense of responsibility inspires them to give back to their communities. Rotary seeks to empower youth, improve health, promote peace, and advance our communities in all corners of the globe.
- 06 Apr 2022Rotary offer Ukrainian support
- 26 Jan 2022Wexford student wins Regional Final of Youth Leadership Development Competition
- 17 Nov 2021Presentations from President Brendan Crowley & Rosslare Europort manager Glenn Carr
- 27 Sep 2021Rotary Bikes for Africa project launched at Holmestown Recycling Centre.
- 27 Sep 2021Careers Connect for Academic year 2021/2022 has launched