The Rotary Club of Wexford and the Wexford County Council have joined forces in an award winning road safety initiative aimed at young people that is very much community based.
The objective of the Just 1 Life is to save young peoples lives. This is done by demonstrating the common causes of accidents to 15-17 year old transition year students in a practical manner which they can understand.
This is a “shock and awe” approach.
In a hard hitting ”no holds-barred” presentation students witness a series of shocking interactive videos and presentations.
The Just 1 Life programme emphasises the stark realities and often tragic results of inappropriate driving behaviours. Students are told that many of them will be involved in a serious accident at some stage in their lives, that they may kill or be killed or badly injured while in a vehicle on the roads. It provides much food for thought for these drivers of the future, and seeks to influence the choices they will make as young drivers, in the age group accepted as being most at risk of having a serious traffic collision.
What have these students in common:
- They are all about to become drivers
- They are thinking of acquiring their first car
- They are considering insurance for that car or the cost of insurance on a parent’s car
- Most of them will be involved in a serious car accident at some stage in their lives
- Some of them might be killed or will kill.