Careers Connect is a Rotary Club of Wexford initiative providing speakers to Wexford Post Primary schools and was initially piloted in April/May 2021 with positive feedback from students and teachers.
The first Careers Connect talk for this academic term took place on September 20th with 5th year LCVP students from Ramsgrange Community College. The topic was Entrepreneurship and Rotarian Niall Reck was joined by Careers Connect co-ordinator Michael Tierney for presentation zoom. Techers and students from Ramsgrange were very welcoming and engaged with Rotary members. Niall shared his career path, provided key advice on learning from mistakes, setting up their own business, preparing CV’s and above all believing in yourself.
Our mission is to connect schools with businesses and business people from Wexford and beyond through providing speakers. Our business partners are from a diverse range of backgrounds. Their experiences, knowledge and organisations seek to inform, educate, inspire and provide insight into the business environment and career paths and help students to successfully prepare for the modern world and find a career path that excites and suits them.
If interested in arranging a speaker for your school for this term October/November 2021 or February/March 2022 please fill out Expression of Interest form and one of our Rotary Careers Connect co-ordinators will be in touch.
Careers Connect (rotarywexford.com)
- 06 Apr 2022Rotary offer Ukrainian support
- 26 Jan 2022Wexford student wins Regional Final of Youth Leadership Development Competition
- 17 Nov 2021Presentations from President Brendan Crowley & Rosslare Europort manager Glenn Carr
- 27 Sep 2021Rotary Bikes for Africa project launched at Holmestown Recycling Centre.
- 27 Sep 2021Careers Connect for Academic year 2021/2022 has launched