“Whatever rotary may mean to us, to the world it will be know by the results it achieves”
– Paul P. Harris
Our 1.2 million member organization started with the vision of one man Paul P. harris. the chicago attorney formed one of the world’s first service organizations , the rotary club of chicago, on 23 february 1905 as a place where professionals with diverse backrounds could exchange ideas and form meaningful, lifelong friendships. rotarys name came from the groups early practice of rotating the meetings among the offices of each member.
OUR ONGOING COMMITMENT
Rotarions have not only been present for major events in history we’ve been a part of them. From the beginning, three key traits have remained strong throughout rotary
We’re truly international. only 16 years after being founded, rotary had clubs on six continents. Today we’re working together from around the globe both digitally and and in person to solve some of our worlds most challenging problems.
We preserve in tough times. During WWII, rotary clubs in Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria and Japan were forced to disband, Despite the risks, many continued to meet informally and following the wars end, rotary members joined together to rebuild their clubs and their countries.
Our commitment to service is ongoing. We began our fight against polio in 1979 with a project to immunise 6 million children in the Philippines. By 2012, only three countries remain polio-endemic down from 125 in 1988.
Rotorians are your neighbors, your community leaders and some of the worlds greatest history makers
- Warren G. Harding, US President
- Jean Sibelius, Finnish composer
- Dr. Charles H. Mayo, Co-founder of Mayo clinic
- Guglielmo Marconi, Italian inventor of the wireless radio and Noble Laureate
- Thomas Mann, German novelist and Nobel Laureate
- Friedrich Bergius, German chemist and Nobel Laureate
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd, American explorer
- Jan Masaryk, foreign minister of Czechoslovakia
- H.E. Soleiman Frangieh, president of Lebannon
- Dianne Feinstein, U.S. senetor
- Manny Pacquaio, Fillipino world champion boxer and congressman
- Richard Luger, U.S. senator
- Frank Borman, American astronaut
- Edgar A. Guest, American poet and journalist
- Sir Harry Lauder, Scottish entertainer
- 13 Nov 2017Rotary Youth Leadership Development CompetitionIn a competition, which recognises and celebrates...
- 01 Sep 2017THE ROTARY CLUB OF WEXFORD WELCOMES DISTRICT GOVERNORGarth Arnold, District Governor of Rotary Ireland,...
- 24 Jul 2017Wexford Business Awards Raises €3,515 for Family Life ServiceThe Rotary Club of Wexford was presented with a Ma...
- 11 Jul 2017Wexford Rotary Awarded 2 Top AwardsThe Rotary Club of Wexford were delighted to accep...
- 27 Jun 2017Maura Bell New President of The Rotary Club of WexfordThe Rotary Club of Wexford are delighted to welcom...
- 06 Dec 2016Christmas Greeting from WexfordRotary Wexford’s Annual Club Christmas Dinner Part...
- 04 Dec 2016St Peter’s College pupil Eoin Pinaqui has won this year’s prestigious Youth Leadership Development Competition.An annual event, the aim of this competition is to...
- 22 Nov 2016Richard Mulcahy Guest Speaker at RotaryRichard gave a very insightful talk about his Gran...