“Whatever rotary may mean to us, to the world it will be know by the results it achieves”
– Paul P. Harris
Our 1.2 million member organization started with the vision of one man Paul P. harris. the chicago attorney formed one of the world’s first service organizations , the rotary club of chicago, on 23 february 1905 as a place where professionals with diverse backrounds could exchange ideas and form meaningful, lifelong friendships. rotarys name came from the groups early practice of rotating the meetings among the offices of each member.
OUR ONGOING COMMITMENT
Rotarions have not only been present for major events in history we’ve been a part of them. From the beginning, three key traits have remained strong throughout rotary
We’re truly international. only 16 years after being founded, rotary had clubs on six continents. Today we’re working together from around the globe both digitally and and in person to solve some of our worlds most challenging problems.
We preserve in tough times. During WWII, rotary clubs in Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria and Japan were forced to disband, Despite the risks, many continued to meet informally and following the wars end, rotary members joined together to rebuild their clubs and their countries.
Our commitment to service is ongoing. We began our fight against polio in 1979 with a project to immunise 6 million children in the Philippines. By 2012, only three countries remain polio-endemic down from 125 in 1988.
Rotorians are your neighbors, your community leaders and some of the worlds greatest history makers
- Warren G. Harding, US President
- Jean Sibelius, Finnish composer
- Dr. Charles H. Mayo, Co-founder of Mayo clinic
- Guglielmo Marconi, Italian inventor of the wireless radio and Noble Laureate
- Thomas Mann, German novelist and Nobel Laureate
- Friedrich Bergius, German chemist and Nobel Laureate
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd, American explorer
- Jan Masaryk, foreign minister of Czechoslovakia
- H.E. Soleiman Frangieh, president of Lebannon
- Dianne Feinstein, U.S. senetor
- Manny Pacquaio, Fillipino world champion boxer and congressman
- Richard Luger, U.S. senator
- Frank Borman, American astronaut
- Edgar A. Guest, American poet and journalist
- Sir Harry Lauder, Scottish entertainer
- 02 Jul 2019Karl Fitzpatrick New President of The Rotary Club of WexfordRotary Club of Wexford Presidential Handover 1st J...
- 02 Jul 2019Adam Moore from the Standards in Public Office Commission addressed the Rotary Club of Wexford on the Lobbying Act 2015Helen Doyle Vice President, Adam Moore, Guest spea...
- 27 May 2019Three transition year students from Colaiste Bride Enniscorthy address the Rotary Club of WexfordAt the Rotary Club of Wexford Luncheon meeting on...
- 13 May 2019Eight Wexford Rotarians participate in 10th Annual Hope and Dream RacePictured Niall Reck, Thomas Huelswitt, Heike Huels...
- 13 May 2019Members and family members of the Rotary Club of Wexford Visit new Wexford CourthouseMembers and family members of the Rotary Club of W...
- 01 Apr 2019Rotary Club of Wexford members visit newly build Loreto Secondary SchoolOn Monday 25th February 2019, twenty two of our me...
- 01 Apr 2019The Rotary Club of Wexford took part in 2019, St Patrick’s Day paradePictured beside float at St Patrick’s Day pa...
- 22 Mar 2019Wexford Drama Festival Chairperson and Former President of GAA addressed the Rotary Club of Wexford Luncheon Wexford Drama Festival Chairperson...